What are your intercultural communication challenges? I asked participants this at a recent workshop. Here’s some of theirs:
- Time (too many messages to respond to, not enough time)
- Conflict (wanting to avoid this or not knowing how to handle it)
- Different perspective (trying to understand these)
- Laugh (would like to make people laugh, but can be difficult)
- Message (making this clear)
- Speaking my mind (when and how is the right way to do this)
What are your challenges?
Though I don’t have all the answers, I have been focussing on improving my communication skills for years now and teach workshops on this topic to give ideas and inspiration to others.
I’m also developing a communication profile so that you – and those in your intercultural team – can better understand your own preferences and each other’s.
For more information please contact me!