Hi, I’m Renee Veldman-Tentori and I love to connect, communicate and educate.
People often describe me as enthusiastic and energetic. I believe my skills in social media and communications give me superpowers, meaning I can thrive on juggling several complimentary short and long term projects. It may seem overwhelming at first if you don’t know the secrets of social media, but once you know how, it’s easy to “be everywhere at once”…I’d love to teach you!
Based in The Hague, The Netherlands (and previously in Brisbane, Australia), Zestee is my boutique agency, which I began in 2008. You might like to know that the name “Zestee” reflects a combination of my name and my zest for life and learning!
Particularly passionate about the potential of social media to give organisations the tools to grow strong communities on a limited budget, I am experienced in sharing this knowledge through consulting, speaking and training.
Other topics I’m interested in and write about include elearning, networking, blogging, expats, leadership and family work balance. Visit my blog for ideas and inspiration.
I’m a tech fan who builds WordPress websites for fun (including this one), and work mostly on Apple but am “tech bilingual” (also familiar with Windows & Android!). Photography is a long-term hobby and I enjoy playing around with design and video-production.
There are a growing number of amazing clients I’ve been privileged to work with on lots of interesting long and short term projects and I’m always open to discussing new connections.
I work part time as a lecturer in marketing communications at The Hague University, teaching subjects that include e-business, integrated marketing communications, business planning, and intercultural competence.
Collaborating, co-creating and contributing to communities is the core of what I do.
- In 2009, I founded Professional Parents, a network that brings together those who balance business and babies or combine children and career.
- As a dual national Dutch Australian, I understand dealing with cross cultural differences and founded this community in 2010.
- As my children grow, I’m realising how much I love sharing culture with them, so Culture and Kids was born in 2015.
- English is my native language but I am also relatively fluent in Dutch – and am raising two bilingual little girls. The Kids English Club NL is a community my 8 and 6 year old have helped dream up and bring into being online and offline!
- Masters in International Communication Management at The Hague University (part time 2015-2017)
- Bachelor of Business (double major marketing & tourism), 2010, Swinburne University/Open Universities Australia (with distinction)
- Cert IV in Small Business Management 2011
- Moreton Bay Regional Council Community Leadership Programme Graduate 2011