I’ve attended the Connecting Women events a couple of times since I arrived in The Netherlands early this year and it’s a wonderful group of inspiring, talented businesswomen. I love that it’s such a dynamic mix of different nationalities and a broad range of businesses. You can also read an earlier blog post I wrote about this networking group in The Hague.
This post is about their Annual Festive Bazaar. What a fantastic way to celebrate the festive season!! Not only was it a hugely enjoyable evening, there was also an opportunity to support each other’s businesses by buying Christmas presents for friends and family from a wide range of lovely local products & services.
The set up was great – an area to eat and drink, a stage to enjoy a talent show throughout the evening and a large room with display tables for all the businesses so you could browse and network. Attendance was impressive, lots of really interesting, friendly people to talk to. There was a raffle at the end where many of us went home with great prizes, I was lucky enough to win a free one hour fitness consult from Jessica Hills, Fitness Matters.
Here’s a list of the participants that were there who have websites , as I’d love to make it easy for everyone to take a look at and support these great businesses:
- Atelier AnaRt: Chocolate Sculpture
- Moynihan HR Consulting: Career Coaching
- JoBanna: Career & Life Coach
- Studio Sandra Vos: Personal Style services & vintage accessories
- Body Mindy Dynamic Balance: Tailor made health care & Feng Shui
- Super Lorelei Creations: Inspiring book
- Direct Dutch: Dutch Language Lessons
- Kathy Keller: Author
- MG Pottery: Handmade Polish Pottery (no website)
- Picnic in the Park: Delicious Preserves
- Le Table de Delphine: French Delicies
- Petite Princess: Gorgeous Girls Accessories
- Eculanda: Hats & Scarves from Ecuador
- Simply Skin: Amazing Skin products
- Bio-Active Natural Collagen: Natural Collagen & Mexican Jewellery
- Manuela Damant: Master NLP Coach & Trainer & confidence coach
- Wapiti: Jewelry & felt objects
- ASPA City Spa: Beauty & Wellness
- Bread dough decorations: Joke Keasberry (no website)
- At Jen’s Beauty and Health Care: Beauty Products
- Finess Matters: Fitness business & guitar lessons (no website)
- Renee Toolans greeting cards (no website)
- Annalies Jansen Silk Flower Arrangements (no website)
- Deining Arts & Crafts: Arts & crafts pottery, porcelain, bird feeders
- The Welsh Bakestone: Welsh cakes & homemade chocolate
- NYEL Binnenhuisarchitechtuur: Christmas wishes on stones
- Brick, Paper, Scissors: Real Estate and Interior Design
- Felt4you: 100% handmade felt and silk scarves
- Over the Top Couture: Style tips,shopping advice, accessories
- LaTrib: Shoes, bags, Jewellery
- Auryn Acupunctuur: Acupuncture
- Summertime Publishing: a great range of expat books & more
- Hispano: private Spanish lessons
- Dymphna Business Assistance: Business assistance
- Bintou’s Banquets: complete home catering service
- Zahara Dance
- If i missed you, please contact me and I’ll add you to the list!
I took along my camera and ended up being the “official photographer” for the evening, which was an absolute pleasure considering the kaleidoscope of colour there. A couple of images are below and you can view all the images at the Connecting Women Annual Bazaar 2012 Photo gallery.
Here are a few of my favourites:
If you’re in The Hague, The Netherlands and would like to attend upcoming Connecting women events, visit the Connecting Women Website for more information.
2 thoughts on “2012 Connecting Women Annual Festive Bazaar”
Thank you for the lovely time, it was nice to meet you Renée, i love your work, you are doing good! besos I hope to see you soon
Thanks Zahara, it was a pleasure to meet you there too! It’s a pity we haven’t had a chance to catch up again yet, but I’m sure once it warms up we’ll be out more often 🙂