The WBII: Women’s Business Initiative International is a wonderful business networking group in The Hague, The Netherlands. I’ve been a member there for 2 years now and always enjoy the company of other members and inspiring speakers each month. This month, I was privileged to be the speaker and have the chance to share my enthusiasm for e-learning.
More than a year ago now, I wrote a blog post I called “The E-learning Explosion” which became the base for this presentation. I also spoke about this topic at the Expatica I Am Not a Tourist Fair in 2014, with a focus on the opportunities that e-learning offers expats. At this WBII presentation, the focus was instead on how e-learning can help entrepreneurs meet their goals.
“We are experiencing an e-learning explosion. It truly is learning without borders. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and an interest”
You can see a copy of my presentation on Slideshare here:
Here is the list and links of the 10 Recommended Resources to get started learning online:
- A Career in Your Suitcase book: to clarify your learning goals first
- Open University UK OpenLearn: one of the leaders in this field
- Skillshare: Learning for fun and exploring interests (if you use this link, we both get a free month)
- Udemy: Learning for fun but also some qualifications offered
- Coursera: Take the world’s best courses online for free
- Creative LIVE: Photography, Art, Design and more
- TED & TEDx Talks: A treasure trove of ideas and inspiration
- Podcasts and iTunesU: Listen and learn. One of my favourites is Social Media Examiner
- Hootsuite, Grovo and many other platforms out there: Fill in the gaps of your digital skills
- YOU + Google or the App Store: The (digital) world is waiting for you!
If you want to teach, here are 3 ways to get started:
- Build an online school as I did with the Zestee Social Media School using Woo Themes Sensei
- Follow a course yourself about learning to teach online such as the Coursera couse
- Teach via Skillshare or Udemy: become a course instructor and (potentially) earn money
I wish you every success in your e-learning journey and I’d love to hear how you go! You can comment below or find me on Twitter or LinkedIn.
4 thoughts on “The E-learning Explosion Presentation at WBII”
I was an attendee to your presentation for the WBII a few weeks ago. This helped me a lot in the way I’m looking at how to gain some basic skills for business set up. Something I am definitely lacking as a new entrepreneur. I was previously signing up for webinars through various online entrepreneurs and not getting what I needed because of the promotional aspect of these webinars. I believe they have their place but taking a course online makes more sense to get the core knowledge. Using your tip to write three things down and then pick one from that list, I’ve begun a course on Skillshare (offering a free month to start) with Seth Godin. Thank you Renee for sharing this presentation. It will have an impact on me and my business. Susan
Thanks for the lovely feedback Susan, pleasure to have you there! Renee