The 5th edition of the Spark Conference in Amsterdam helped #entrepreneurs to create, elevate and celebrate today, 26 March 2019.
With a fabulous line-up of speakers and panelists, I learned a lot and connected with lots of wonderful women (and a few men). I attended Spark in 2015 and 2016 but had to miss the last two years due to other commitments, but great to be back today.
Firstly, founder Hannah Huber opened the day, with Imola Berczi giving a keynote.
- Dr Bram Kuijken, Assistant Pofessor in Entreprenurship and Innovation, Co-director Master Entrepreneurship, UvA
- Hebe Boonzaaijer, Lead Corporate Health & Wellbeing at Deloitte
- De Svenja Anna Wolf, Assistant Professor of Sport and Performance Psychology, UvA
- Moderated by Colleen Geske
This panel discussion was filled with practical gems and backed up with academic research and personal experience. Just a few points:
- Focusing on one task at a time
- Making sure that enough rest is in your life – schedule it if you have to!
- Being aware of envy and the positive role this can play if managed well
- Avoiding burnout by implementing mindfulness and meditation into your day
- Moving around as often as possible instead of sitting all day, get the blood flowing
- Drinking water to be able to use your prefrontal cortex for creativity
- Breathing is ridiculously simple but also super powerful
- How to build grit and resilience
It may all sound simple but was useful to have the perspectives of this panel and audience as both a reminder and inspiration to implement these things in my life.
Wonderful to catch up with many current connections and make new ones.
A huge thanks to the organisers and volunteers that made today possible. See you in 2020!