Google Plus has a great hangout tool for video calling that rivals Skype. The quality is clear and there are several advantages to using hangouts that we’ll go through in another post. This post will focus on a step by step guide to plan a Google Plus Hangout for a future date. Thanks to social media school student, Olga, who has asked for help to do this. These instructions have been created on a desktop computer and may not work on a mobile device such as an iPad.
1. Log in to Google Plus (if you haven’t already created an account, you’ll need to do so.
2. You’ll see Google Hangouts on the right hand side, under your name with a + new hangout. DON’T click on this to plan for a future date. This option will lead you to “start a video party” with invited connections, which is fine if you want to chat with others NOW and have possibly pre-arranged this. However for a future date, ignore this and instead see step 3.
3. Click on the “home” icon in the top LEFT hand corner of your screen, which will open the drop down menu.
4. Click on “events” then on “plan a hangout”
5. Fill in the fields on the screen. You can choose some great animated headers!
Those you have invited will receive an email and you can go back later to invite more.
This post is part of the Zestee Social Media School free social media tips series.